Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My First Video


I decided to test out Google's free video upload program. The process was quick and quite painless. It took the stated 3-4 days for the video to go through their checkpoints and become searchable.

The quality is not great but I suspect that the reason for that has more to do with the Windows MovieMaker software that I used to edit than the Google interface. Please take into consideration that this was my first day with my new Panasonic PV-GS150 camcorder, it was pouring rain and it was also the first time I tried to edit with Windows MovieMaker. The whole process, from getting out of my car to uploading to Google maybe took 2 hours.

I gotta say that this is huge boon for online education. I can now incorporate as much video as I want on my Moodle sites and not have to worry about how much space it being eaten up. Very cool!

Free blogs, free videos, what's next?

No comments: